Wednesday, July 13, 2011

New Bad Habit

I now eat from the minute I walk in the back door after work until the time I go to bed.

I learned that I "can" and not gain during the past 6 or so weeks. This is not good. In fact, this is very, very bad.

And now it's a bona fide habit and hard to break.

I grab a pretzel here. And a chocolate there. A piece of cheese. Some peanuts. Dried cranberries. Maybe yogurt. I'm essentially shoving something in my mouth every 30 minutes or so.

And then, Jim and I have our nightly watermelon fix. Before you know it, I've consumed an additional 300 calories or more on essentially nothing.

Breaking this habit is going to suck. I'm going to start tonight by going to bed early.

3 comments:

HR GIRL said...

Or you could fix yourself a plate of food and sit down and really focus on what you are eating, relax and allow yourself and your mind to unwind and appreciate the food. I am just saying that is an option or at least one Geenen Roth advises. If you do that let me know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

What I do when I get home is have some carrot sticks or peas, then head out to walk my dog. Next thing I know it's dinner time. Helps me unwind and burns some extra calories, while keeping me away from the fridge.

Miss Daisy said...

I like both ideas!!!!