Monday, July 25, 2011

Planning a Day Off

The good news? I ran 4 continuous miles during a 5.5 mile workout Friday morning. And I walked about 3.5 miles in my butt-sculpting shoes Saturday, on a gravel road with many very steep and very long hills.

The bad news? My knees were killing me by Saturday afternoon.

The remedy? I took Sunday off. No workout. Wasn't that careful of what I ate. Just sort of took the day off.

The point? Rest is an important ingredient in your overall workout plan and it something you should actually schedule. Your muscles and joints need a break when you're hitting it hard. Your body needs good sleep and recovery time, too. Your metabolism needs a break from a regimented diet, so you can keep it guessing to prevent it from settling into a routine.

It's just good for your head, too.

No comments: