Monday, February 20, 2012

Magic Beans, Version 2

Today's goal ... 7.5 to 8 miles. Beans taken at about 4.5 miles in.

Again, no tingles.

But I finished strong. I felt really good. Not sure if it was stronger than I would have felt without them. It's hard to tell on such a perfect morning ... you just feel strong because it was a simply gorgeous day with the birds chirping and the sun shining. (I'm telling you, it's the best part of the day! You just gotta try it. The rhythmic sound of your feet hitting the pavement and your breath pumping out of your lungs as you, just you, power yourself forward. It's really magical.)

I did learn that they sort of freeze in the early morning cold and need a few seconds in your mouth to warm up so you can chew them. They didn't bother my stomach at all.

And they make me feel like I'm eating candy ... which I like. So no harm and no significant impact.

Will try them again on a longer run next weekend.

No comments: