Friday, February 3, 2012

Three Pounds More

For the last month, I've weighed about three pounds more than my "normal." I'm fluctuating a little ... up one or two, down the same. I just can't seem to shake them.

To be fair, since returning from Arizona the first week in January, I haven't been running every day. It's been closer to every other day. Or every three days. And when I do run, it's not as far as I was running before Christmas. This dang cold is hanging on and kicking my ass ... so some days the runs are really walks.

I have also worked in strength training on the non-cardio days. And I have been fairly loose with my eating. (In other words, I've replaced the hard pretzels with all the chocolate I can get my hands on. It's a little out of control.)

So the fact that I'm hovering at a steady weight, even if it's three pounds more than normal, is OK. I suspect that it could just be more weight. Or, I could have replaced some fat with some muscle.

But either way is OK. My pants fit just fine.

The number doesn't always tell you everything you need to know.

No comments: