Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chocolate Season Over

Last week's high temps have forced a major change in my eating habits.

How does the weather mandate a change in how I feed my face, you ask?

Well, to explain it fully, I have to make a sort of embarrassing confession first.

My name is Miss Daisy and I'm a chocoholic. (This is where you say, "Hi, Miss Daisy.")

The cold, crisp winters of Wisconsin allow me to keep chocolate in my car. My drug of choice? Harry & David Dark Chocolate Truffles and Dove Dark, of course.

I've been storing them in the back seat. In my slightly demented and obviously addicted thought process, I think that if I make them moderately inconvenient, I won't go digging for them as often, and therefore eat less. In the spirit of this attempt at total honesty, I will also admit to keeping a bar of dark chocolate with sea salt or orange flavor in the center console once in a while.

Gawd, this is embarrassing.

In any case, last week's mercury climb means chocolate can no longer safely be stored in the car.

It melts.

Jim caught me red handed last week and I had to admit all of this this to him first. You see, I had a bar of dark with chili stowed away in the pocket behind the passenger seat. I reached for it after work and found a semi-melted mess. Because I can't resist, I tried to lick a little off the foil wrapper. What I didn't know was that I left evidence on my upper lip.

When I walked in the house, Jim spotted it immediately.

Busted.

Thank goodness it's Jelly Bean season.

P.S. This morning was simply gorgeous for a run! Warm enough to wear summer gear. Windy enough to keep you from ugly sweating. Cool enough to not need a whole lot of water. I felt like I could go forever. So I went 6 miles. Two over my goal. Hoping like hell I don't regret it tomorrow.

2 comments:

HR GIRL said...

Seriously funny!

Miss Daisy said...

Seriously pathetic. But honest.