Saturday, March 17, 2012

Every Other Day

(If you're tired of hearing about my workout schedule, this would be a good time to get on Facebook.)

Thought I might give you an update on the half-marathon training schedule.

I walked 2 miles successfully on Wednesday. No pain. So I biked 24 miles Thursday. Still all good.

With much fear and trepidation, I walked for a mile on Friday morning and then took a big, deep breath ...

And RAN 2 miles!!!

Do you see a pattern here? I'm only pounding pavement every other day. That's my plan now. So today is an off day, with a bike ride in the afternoon. Tomorrow I'm going to run 4 miles, weather and God willing.

If I want to make this happen, I have to be smart and train properly. I have never, in the whole two years I've been at this, only ran/walked every other day.

It feels wrong. But I think it's right.

No comments: