Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sucky Surprise

Today's warm temps (and a freaking adorable new pair of sandals) forced me to dig out a pair of capris today for work.

They were tight.

Not "I can't wear them" tight. But "too tight to be comfortable" tight.

My heart sank.

Yes, I am four pounds up from where I normally am right now. The past two weeks of sporadic exercise and my new, not-as-strict eating habits have had an effect.

But never in a million years did I think that four pounds would make such a big difference.

And honestly, I don't think it's the actual pounds. I think there's been a redistribution or jellification. (Like that? I made that word up.) I think I'm not as toned and lean as I was last year at this time. I just feel flabbier.

It's certainly not a mystery as to why.

Yes, I have been much more lenient with my diet. More refined sugar. More candy. More empty calories. I used to ONLY eat whole wheat as a carb and now I include other things. I've had pizza two weeks in a row. Pie. Coconut cake. Birthday cake.

It's no surprise how it happened. But I thought that if "the number" (blessed damn number) didn't change, I was OK.

That's not the case. Lesson learned.

So I'm back on the more strict Mediterranean eating plan again. No more chewing after 7 p.m. More water.

I'm not going down without a fight. Mostly because I bought a super cute pair of white pants at the end of the season last year for $4 or something like that and I'll be damned if I'm not going to wear them. Those adorable shoes I mentioned earlier were born to be worn in tandem.

No comments: