Monday, March 19, 2012

Size It Up

You have already heard about my obsession with comparing my butt size to others. I do it all the time. It's not a new thing ... I did it when I was bigger and it didn't go away as I got smaller.

I do it because I just don't have a good internal perception of what I really look like. When I was bigger, I didn't think I looked that big. Now that I'm smaller, my interpretation of myself is bigger than reality ...

... I think.

Hence the compare.

I did a little interesting web search this weekend after reading some random article about what size jeans Kim Kardashian wears. (She claims waist size of 27 inches, BTW. I think the first pair of Levi's I remember buying ... in elementary school ... from Martin's Menswear in Whitewater ... were a size 27. And I don't think I have purchased a pair of pants by waist size since.) I was curious what size celebrities really are.

And here's what I learned:

Jennifer Lopez is a 6 on a good day. Or 8 on a not so good day.

I like that.

P.S. Do you remember the vault in Martin's where the dressing rooms were? The building was once a bank, obviously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a website. I can't remember the name of it but you can put in your weight height and clothing size and see pictures of real people the same size. Ive used it a few times w smaller weight and size to help visualize and picking a goal weight.- amber

Miss Daisy said...

LOVE that, Amber!