Friday, March 16, 2012

Subject Line: Skinny Minnie!

This is a little email exchange between me and a friend I hadn't seen in a while. I spotted her the other day from afar and didn't get a chance to talk to her. 

Subject Line: Skinny Minnie! 
From: Miss Daisy
To: Money Honey

What gives? :-)
---------------------

From: Money Honey
To: Miss Daisy

Believe it or not, if you slow down what goes in your mouth and get a little exercise … even at 52 years old, you can lose weight!  I started watching last spring when I bought my mother-of-the-bride dress and since then, living like this seems much more natural!

Thanks Miss Daisy!

--------------------
From: Miss Daisy
To: Money Honey

Oh, I believe it!!!!! Good for you. You look fantastic. And, it just does feel better all over, doesn’t it? I always say that I just feel more comfortable in my skin. (Even if there’s a little extra of it at this point!)

Yay for you. And … 52 ain’t nothin’, if I know you! LOL

---------------------

From: Money Honey
To: Miss Daisy 

I feel like I’m about 32!  I look forward to walking and getting exercise.

I was putting softener salt into the tank and as I picked it up, I thought how in the world could this heavy bag be what I have lost!

 --------------------
From: Miss Daisy
To: Money Honey

Isn’t that the truth?!  I always think of that famous Oprah snippet where she pulls out the wagon of fat to illustrate how much weight she lost. I just don’t think that explains it enough … the visual doesn't do it justice. It’s the actual lifting of the bag of softener salt and thinking, “Holy cow, I was carrying this with me everyplace I went” that makes it so much more real.   

No comments: