Saturday, March 10, 2012

Stir Crazy

This not working out thing is driving me batty.

I made it home late last night and had to hit the ground running this morning, to get ready for the friends and family that would arrive at my house in the afternoon. I was up and at it early, back home by 1 p.m., and spent a few hours getting food ready and the house picked up. By 4 p.m., the whole crew was here and the party began.

I was busy from the word go, but didn't get an actual workout it. In other words, my body was in motion from sun-up to sun-down, but it wasn't the motion I needed. I needed the sweat. I needed the calorie burn. I needed the deep breaths. More importantly, I needed the time to clear my head.

Tomorrow, come hell or high water, I'm going to sneak in a long bike ride under the blue sky. For me. Just for me. 

P.S. By the time you all read this tomorrow, GaryAllanFan and Amber will have crossed the finish line in Sarasota ... 13.1 miles in the bank. So freaking amazing!

No comments: