Friday, March 2, 2012

You Gotta Be Kidding Me

This is week 1 of my half marathon training plan. Week of 1 of only 8 between here and there. And here's what I get:

A knee that's KILLING me.

It hasn't hurt like this in months. Months and months. I didn't run particularly hard or long this week, so I can't figure it out. I ran about 5 on Sunday, skipped Monday, ran 4 miles on Tuesday, 5 on Wednesday and 4 on Thursday. This morning I did strength and isometric. I don't remember doing feeling anything funny. In fact, I felt pretty good in leg and lung on Wednesday and Thursday.

And that schedule is nothing different than what I've been doing all along. The weekend running was actually a little short.

Popping Advil. Probably going to take tomorrow off, too, mostly because I'm at a show and it runs 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and I'm solo ... so there won't be a great way to sneak a workout in during the day.

Someone must think this is funny. I don't.

But maybe I'll just have to take one of those warm days next week off to get a long road run in to make up for this weekend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go to ASR and chat up kitty and tanya. They'll have great advice and suggestions on your training plan -amber