Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Anniversary, Again

It's that time of year. The official "mark" of this journey for me. It's been two years since I started down this road and I'm feeling nostalgic.

I looked back at last year's post commemorating the event here: http://www.carsickcaravan.blogspot.com/2011/03/happy-anniversary-happy-birthday-and.html

Since that post, I've lost a whopping four pounds and really settled into this new existence. But a few things have changed.

I've gotten stronger. I lift more weight and do it more often. I can hold my planks a lot longer. And I know my will is locked in to make this a lifelong commitment.

I've created a healthier heart. My once border-line high blood pressure is in excellent shape. I can run 10 miles if I feel like it. And I know I approach those I love in a better way because I have a new appreciation of myself.

Most importantly, I've gotten smarter. I understand what my body is, does and wants. I'm at peace with the way I look and the imperfections that exist. And I know who "me" really is.

I stood in front of my hotel mirror this morning in all my glory, looked myself straight in the eye, and thanked the woman staring back at me. She had more courage than I knew she had. She's tough as hell on one hand and grateful on the other to those of you who have supported her along the way.

To quote the Tshirt, "Life is good."

2 comments:

HR GIRL said...

It is good, life that is....and it's much more fun with you in it! Thanks for sharing so much of you with us and thank you for the support you show me!

Miss Daisy said...

You ARE alive, HRGirl! I was beginning to wonder!