Wednesday, March 14, 2012

You Can Feel It

In the old days, I could put on a few pounds (and I did) and not notice it. I couldn't FEEL the weight on me.

I'm not sure if I stopped paying attention to how I felt and how I moved or if I got so used to that feeling of heavy-and-tight-and-full-and-sluggy that I just couldn't feel the el bees.

But now that I've been this way for so long, the addition of a few pounds is noticeable. Really noticeable.

So, this not working out like normal thing has left me feeling like a big tub of goo. I feel jiggly. And roly poly. And bloated. I notice it around my middle. I notice it in my face and neck.

It makes me want to feel better.

So my two-mile walk this morning was a good start. The knee feels pretty good. I'm anxious to hit it again tomorrow.

Concentrating on how bad the food makes me feel allows me to combat the urge to keep stuffing my face. No matter how good it tastes, it doesn't FEEL better to eat it.

Your brain is the hardest muscle to train.

No comments: