Sunday, March 4, 2012

For the First Time, the Hotel Wins

No workout at this Holiday Inn in Columbus OH.

I've never not worked out while on a business trip. And it feels really bad.

But between the lame equipment, a hurting knee, the long hours of the show and the sleep-preventing packs of teenagers roaming the halls until 4 a.m., I just don't have what it takes to get it done this time.

(Funny story. As I'm awakened--for the 10th time--at 3:30 a.m. by a group of boys carrying on in the hallway, I decide I've had enough. I hurl my Medusa-haired, waffle-weave-long-john-pajama-ed and bleary-eyed self toward the door and with all my frustration and anger, I fling open my door and yell, "HEY! Could you guys knock it off?"

Yes, I asked a question. Like the polite Midwesterner I am. I asked it LOUDLY and forcefully, mind you, but I didn't scream, "Shut the Ef up," like I should have. Or, "Get back to your effing rooms or I'm calling the cops!"

No. I asked a question. And because the chain lock was on the door, the fling wasn't nearly as powerful as it should have been. Such a missed opportunity for drama. I'm sure this 44-year-old woman in flowered pj bottoms would have scared the crap out of them had they seen her.

And, in typically Midwestern fashion, the probably harmless teenage boys replied, "Sorry." And they quietly moved on.)

So, my training plan is officially derailed one week. Going to take a little maneuvering to get this done. But I will.

2 comments:

GaryAllanFan said...

You are probably way ahead on your training plan anyways.....You've got plenty of time.

Miss Daisy said...

I think my knee hurts from NOT exercising. It stiffens up when I don't use it. Or at least, that's my theory right now. Going to walk tomorrow to see if it's true.